This is the bit that all honest legal and decent business people hate having to have on their site. It makes it sound as though they are trying to protect themselves. Well I suppose in a way they are because there are people out there who do expect others to do the wrong thing. The legal folk try to protect the weak from the strong and set out guidelines like this to do just that.
Before I start the legal speak I had better make some things clear.
- Everyone CAN Craft Community Interest Company is registered in England and Wales, company number 13600202)
- Everyone CAN Craft CIC has no association with any church or denomination. I am not particularly happy about that but my own church was fearful of being unable to answer any questions posed by the Charities Commission about their activities. They encouraged me to set up a separate legal entity and to ensure that any connection points between the two entities were kept to a minimum.
- The author who uses the pen name Susan Slater Morris is a director of Everyone CAN Craft CIC.
Now that is out of the way here goes a whole load of text that lays down the rules and expectations for this site.
Terms and Conditions
The term ‘this website’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website (Everyone CAN Craft CIC). The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
Disclosure: Some of the links in this website either through images, text, audio or video are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, the owner of this website will receive an affiliate commission. Regardless, the owner of this website only recommends products or services that will add value to their readers. This website may accept forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.
The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this website. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.
The owner(s) of this website may be compensated to provide opinions on products, services, websites and various other topics. Even though the owner(s) of this website receives compensation for our posts or advertisements, we always give our honest opinions, findings, beliefs, or experiences on those topics or products. The views and opinions expressed on this website are purely the author. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question.
Some URL’s may be masked and forwarded, to protect any affiliation status and if you are at all unsure about following any link, then please contact us through our contact page
This website does not contain any content which might present a conflict of interest.
The owner of this website is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk
By using our products, services and web site you are advised to do your own due diligence when it comes to making decisions and all information, products, and services that have been provided should be independently verified by your own qualified professionals. Our information, products, and services on this web site should be carefully considered and evaluated, before reaching a decision, on whether to rely on them.
You assume all risks associated with using the advice given, with a full understanding that you, solely, are responsible for anything that may occur as a result of putting this information into action in any way, and regardless of your interpretation of the advice.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. It is included because it has been proved to work in specific circumstances. Your circumstances might be different and therefore the same advice may not work as well or even be harmful in your situation. Think carefully about what you are doing and why as we cannot be responsible for your response to our ideas.
The owner of this website is not responsible or liable for any advice or any other information, services or products that you obtain through this site. You are encouraged to confer with the relevant professional with regard to information contained on or through this web site. After reading articles or other content from this web site, you are encouraged to review the information carefully with your professional advisors.
This website cannot always reflect the most up-to-date research and will be updated from time-to-time without notice to you. Some information may be provided by third parties and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.
We make no warranties that
(i) the website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free;
(ii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the website will be accurate or reliable; and
(iii) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the website will meet your expectations.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
Intellectual Property Rights
All copyrights, trademarks, patents and other intellectual property rights in and on our website and all content and software located on the site shall remain the sole property of our company or its licensors. The use of our trademarks, content and intellectual property is forbidden without the express written consent from the owner of this website.
You must not:
- Republish material from our website without prior written consent.
- Sell or rent material from our website.
- Reproduce, duplicate, create derivative, copy or otherwise exploit material on our website for any purpose.
- Redistribute any content from our website, including onto another website.
You agree to use our website only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behavior includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any other user, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within our website.
You must not use our website to send unsolicited commercial communications.
You must not use the content on our website for any marketing related purpose without our express written consent.
We restrict access to parts of our website to customers who have paid for the right to access it. We provide such customers with login credentials that they can use to access the relevant restricted areas of our website. The customer must ensure that both your username and password are kept confidential.
The owner of this website may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of our website will be deemed acceptance of the updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using our website immediately.
If any of these terms are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Limitation of Liability
THE MATERIALS AT THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. IN NO EVENT SHALL Everyone CAN Craft Community Interest Company OR ITS AGENTS OR OFFICERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF INFORMATION, INJURY OR DEATH) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE MATERIALS, EVEN IF Everyone CAN Craft Community Interest Company HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGES.
Anti Spam Policy
The owner of this website does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through the website or its services (together, “Services”).
Users are not permitted or authorized to use the Services to collect, compile or obtain any information about its customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses. Users are not permitted or authorized to use the services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the Services, or that could interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of any Service.
If it is believed that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any Service, we may, without notice, take such action as we, in our sole discretion, deem appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. We may immediately terminate any account on any service which we determine, in our sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, this website and/or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of rights.
Unauthorized use of this website services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Violators of the CAN SPAM Act may be subject to “cease and desist” orders or penalties from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) of up to $11,000 per violation. Criminal prosecution is also possible in the case of egregious offenders, which can result in penalties such as fines, forfeiture of proceeds and equipment. The worst offenders can also be subject to prison time.
If you would like to report a suspected spammer, please email us at support at everyonecancraft dot co dot uk
(Yes we cannot even put a real email here in case it is harvested by a spam bot. What a sad world we live in)
In accordance with the FTC guide lines concerning use of endorsements and testimonials in advertising, please be aware of the following:
Testimonials appearing on this site are actually received via text, audio or video submission. They are individual experiences, reflecting real life experiences of those who have used our products and/or services. However, they are individual and subjective.. We do not claim or make any admission that the testimonials are typical results that consumers will generally achieve. The testimonials are not 100% representative of all of those who will use our products and/or services and we make no admissions of such
The testimonials displayed (text, audio and/or video) are given verbatim except for correction of grammatical or typing errors. In some cases the testimonial has been shortened in length where it has not been possible to display the whole testimonial and where we considered, acting reasonably, that some parts of the testimonial were not relevant to our site, products or services.
Everyone CAN Craft CIC is not responsible for any opinions or comments posted to our site. We are not a forum for testimonials but do provide testimonials as a means for our users to share their experiences with one another. All testimonials appear after they have been reviewed by the management of Everyone CAN Craft CIC. Any testimonial displayed on this site (or any others associated with Everyone CAN Craft CIC is strictly representative of the views of the reviewer.
Everyone CAN Craft CIC will never instruct a person on what to say in a testimonial. Everyone CAN Craft CIC will disclose any material connections that it has with any person providing a testimonial, so far as it is aware.
In the event of a negative testimonial from a customer, Everyone CAN Craft CIC will have the option of not providing products or services to the customer or client for future reviews.
So far as it is able, Everyone CAN Craft CIC will monitor product and service reviews made by customers or clients to ensure that the claims made are truthful and can be substantiated.
1. If you are a consumer, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 during the period set out below in Clause 3. This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or decide for any other reason that you do not want to receive or keep a Product, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
2. Everyone CAN Craft CIC may, but are under no obligation to, honour requests for refunds for the following reasons:
- Non-delivery of the product: Due to an issue with the mail or courier service, you do not receive a delivery e-mail from us. Depending on the price of the product, Everyone CAN Craft CIC may require you to first submit proof that you have submitted a report to the mail service or courier company describing the missing item;
- Download issues: You have problems that prevent you from downloading the product. Everyone CAN Craft CIC recommends that you contact the support team for your browser provider, as Everyone CAN Craft CIC ensures that our software can be downloaded with all major browsers, and this problem usually arises from a customer’s issue with either their browser, firewall, or network;
- Irreparable defects: Although all the products are thoroughly tested before release, unexpected errors may occur. This reason should be submitted to our Support Team for its approval of your refund request;
- Product not-as-described: A request based on this reason is addressed on a case-by-case basis and subject to our approval. To prevent this kind of claim from arising, every customer is encouraged to check free samples ( in the form of video overviews, demo links, product samples, screen shots) of each type of the product offered before making a purchase.
3. Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date of the Dispatch Confirmation (the date on which we e-mail you to confirm our acceptance of your order), which is when the Contract between us is formed. Your deadline for cancelling the Contract then depends on what you have ordered and how it is delivered, as set out in the table below:
1.Your Contract is for a single Product (which is not delivered in instalments on separate days)
2.Your Contract is for either of the following:
a. one Product which is delivered in instalments on separate days.
b. multiple Products which are delivered on separate days.
3.Your Contract is for the regular delivery of a Product over a set period.
End of the cancellation period
1.The end date is the end of 14 days after the day on which you receive the Product.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the Product on 10 January you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January.
2. The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the last instalment of the Product or the last of the separate Products ordered.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January and you receive the first instalment of your Product or the first of your separate Products on 10 January and the last instalment or last separate Product on 15 January you may cancel in respect of all instalments and any or all of the separate Products at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 29 January.
3.The end date is 14 days after the day on which you receive the first delivery of the Products.
Example: if we provide you with a Dispatch Confirmation on 1 January in respect of Products to be delivered at regular intervals over a year and you receive the first delivery of your Product on 10 January, you may cancel at any time between 1 January and the end of the day on 24 January. 24 January is the last day of the cancellation period in respect of all Products to arrive during the year.
4. To cancel a Contract, you just need to let us know that you have decided to cancel. The easiest way to do this is to use the form on the contact page. You can also email us at support at everyonecancraft.co.uk If you are e-mailing us or writing to us please include details of your order to help us to identify it. If you send us your cancellation notice by e-mail, then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail to us. For example, you will have given us notice in time as long as you get your letter into the last post on the last day of the cancellation period or e-mail us before midnight on that day.
5. If you cancel your Contract we will:
a. Refund you the price you paid for the Products. However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop.
b. Refund any delivery costs you have paid, although, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer (provided that this is a common and generally acceptable method). For example, if we offer delivery of a Product within 3-5 days at one cost but you choose to have the Product delivered within 24 hours at a higher cost, then we will only refund what you would have paid for the cheaper delivery option.
c. Make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within the deadlines indicated below:
i. If you have received the Product and we have not offered to collect it from you: 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you or, if earlier, the day on which you provide us with evidence that you have sent the Product back to us. For information about how to return a Product to us, see clause 8;
ii. If you have not received the Product or you have received it and we have offered to collect it from you: 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
6. If you have returned the Products to us under this policy because they are faulty or mis-described, we will refund the price of the Products in full, together with any applicable delivery charges, and any reasonable costs you incur in returning the item to us.
7. We will refund you on the credit card or debit card used by you to pay. If you used vouchers to pay for the Product we may refund you in vouchers.
8. If a Product has been delivered to you before you decide to cancel your Contract:
a. then you must return it to us without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days after the day on which you let us know that you wish to cancel the Contract. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will collect the Products from the address to which they were delivered;
b. unless the Product is faulty or not as described (in this case, see clause 6), you will be responsible for the cost of returning the Products to us. If the Product is one which cannot be returned by post, we estimate that if you use the carrier which delivered the Product to you, these costs should not exceed the sums we charged you for delivery. If we have offered to collect the Product from you, we will charge you the direct cost to us of collection.
9. Because you are a consumer, we are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this Contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by your right of return and refund in this policy or anything else in these Terms. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
If you have read down as far as this well done, not many people do.
Revised 14th December 2020